That's right, another month has gone by, and it's been a busy one!
Daisy now crawls at high speed, and over and around obstacles! She has discovered that she can chase me from room to room, so I can't go anywhere without her now. If I do barricade her in the living room (if I'm cooking or something) she will stand at the barricade and SCREEEECH at me! When we are in a room together, she still won't sit still...she usually crawls to the nearest thing she can pull up on, and cruises along the furniture or big toys until she gets to the end. She has also finally figured out that she can SIT from standing, which is great! Every once in a while she still hollers to be "rescued" from her standing position, but mostly she can manage. She can also stand unsupported for a few seconds before she gets too excited, flaps he hands, and knocks herself down!
She's a pro at feeding herself now. She won't eat many things from a spoon. Only oatmeal, apples, and squash (a few of her favorites!). She loves to eat, and gets mad if we forget to bring snacks for her if we go out! She's also sneaky....she is determined to get to Rory's table in the kitchen and steal snacks off his table! I'm sure she's been successful a few times too, but so far she is still perfectly allergy free, so it's been ok :) I just have to worry about choking hazards now!
She signs MILK, ALL DONE, CHANGE, and MORE all the time, and a few others occasionally. She has also started doing 2 sign combinations! She signs "Change, all done!" when I put her diaper back on, and when she's stuck in her car seat she signs "Milk, change!" which really means, "Mommy! Get me!"
She says one word, and she says it ALL THE TIME! "WOW!" Everything is "WOW!" or sometimes, "Ooooo, WOW!" It's really funny. I've also heard her say "up" a few times, and "uh-oh" three or four times. She understands a lot though...she knows "No!" really well, and will usually stop what ever it is she's doing (like trying to bite Rory's video game cords), and sometimes burst into tears! She can find Mommy, Daddy, Rory, and Fiona (or doggy) when asked, she will give us kisses and hugs on demand, and lots of others. We're working on "come here!" because she thinks it's funny to just sit and laugh at us while the dog goes NUTS with everyone calling!
Rory has become a very helpful big brother most of the time. He still doesn't like to share, and always wants whatever toy she has, but he is getting better about finding her a different toy instead of just stealing hers. He still can't stand her to kiss (slime) him, but he will give her kisses and hugs now. And he loves making her laugh by making silly faces or doing silly dances for her.
7 years ago

4 comments:
Wow, she is such a smart girl!
Wow! You definitel have another talented child on your hands! Braiden is a little bit older, but isn't doing half the things Daisy is! Of course, I'm not in any hurry for him to be crawling around lightning speed, ha ha.
Happy 8 Month Daisy , her and Eilidh sound quite alike (apart from the sighing which i keep meaning to do - Rebecca does some) . Reading your posts are like a snapshot of what Eilidh will be doing in a months time.
I know I'm over a week behind... Daisy is doing fantastic!
Post a Comment