Daisy is saying a lot of new words lately. She says "up" consistently and correctly when she wants to be picked up. She waves and says "ba-bye." We were leaving the mall the other day and she waved and said "ba-bye" to every store as we walked past, lol.
She's been trying so hard to say "Rory!" for a couple of weeks now, but until today, the closest she got was "bubba," "wowa," or "wuba." Today she say "Wowy," which, in baby speak, sounds VERY much like Rory. He was thrilled, of course, and tried to get her to say it again and again. She said it one more time, and then got the giggles.
She loves to "talk" on the phone too, with her toy phones or discarded cell phones. She holds them up and says "Hi! Hi! Oooo! Hey!" It's adorable. Of course, I tried getting her to say anything to her Grammy Mary on the phone, and she wouldn't talk, and looked scared at the voice coming out of it!
I think she might have said her first sentence too. I was getting ready to change her diaper and she said, "I poop." What a first phrase, right? I told Ben what she said, and she said it again! She might have just been trying to say "poop," but she had to add the extra sound first, lol.
She understands a lot more now too. I was reading about Anya knowing where her nose was, so I asked Daisy, not thinking she would get it. She immediately grabbed my nose! I had no idea she knew that!
She also knows "no," but thinks it's funny, mostly. I say "No!" and she looks over her shoulder at me, pauses, and then moves super fast to try and get into trouble before I can catch her! She's getting good at recognizing tone of voice too. She knows she's in trouble by the way we say her name!
She is still signing too, mostly just milk and more, sometimes eat and all done. Her more is getting much better though, and sometimes almost perfect!
7 years ago

3 comments:
Way to go Daisy, saying Rory! Talking is a really fun baby skill. We love it over here.
SMART BABY! I wonder where she gets it? :-)
Way to go Daisy, she is an amazing talker. Smart girl
Post a Comment