Sunday, December 30, 2007

Long Overdue Update!

Well, we are finally moved in (although not completely unpacked) and even more exciting, today I found the USB cord to the camera so that I could actually share some pictures!
Rory and Daisy love our new place and having so much extra room to play in. Daisy is especially fond of climbing up and down the stairs!
We are in a much quieter neighborhood than we were before, but this still surprised me...look what lives in our backyard!
Yes, those are wild turkeys, a whole flock of them! Daisy spotted them first (she loves to stand on the window sill in the living room) and started yelling about ducks. I even got them on video before they wandered out of sight. I've seen them a couple of times since this too, although not so many at once.


Rory had a Christmas party at school before they went on break. It was cute, all the kids exchanged stuffed animals. I thought that was a great idea, so everyone got pretty similar stuff and no one got jealous or wanted someone else's toy.
After present time, we got to play outside. Another gorgeous day :)
Then it was cookie decorating, which Rory liked doing, but didn't like eating. Lucky for him, Daisy has never met a food she didn't like!Strangely enough, I did not get any Christmas pictures, but I did get lots of Christmas videos. So as soon as I get them edited and uploaded, I'll share those too. It was a nice, quiet Christmas, with just the right amount of presents (enough that Rory yelled, "Santa brought me lots and lots and lots of presents!" but not so much that they didn't get to actually play with the things they got. Not too overwhelming for me either.)

3 comments:

Momma Bee said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR MY LOVES! So good to see you online again, and wonderful to read all about your new place!
--xoxoxo
Mom

Anonymous said...

Wow, turkeys! And I thought the deer in our backyard were cool. I'm glad you're all getting settled in to the new place and that you had a nice Christmas. Happy New Year!

Erykah said...

The turkeys near us are vicious, so look out. A flock of them chased my pug all the way home!!

Daisy and Rory are just so cute!