Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Smart Kids

Daisy has been talking up a storm. Not only adding tons of new words, but also improving on her articulation. I'm actually "Mommy" now! She starts every day with, "Mommy! Hungry! Faffles! (waffles)." Her new word today is "opie! (open)." Mostly for the refrigerator. This girl LOVES to EAT! She's also developing an interest in letters. One of her favorite things to carry around the house is Scrabble tiles. She keeps bringing them to me and pointing at it until I tell her what letter it is. Sometimes she'll repeat them, but usually she just drops it and goes in search of another one. She was pointing at all the letters in her bedtime story tonight too.

Rory doesn't even need me to read bedtime stories anymore. Even when he tells me he doesn't want to read, he usually ends up interrupting me to finish a page. We got out some 1st grade level books from the library and he read them FAST and told me, "These are too easy." I guess we'll have to look for 2nd grade books when we return these. He has his very own library card now, which he's very proud of. He was excited to pick out books and check them out all by himself and was disappointed that I limited him to only four!
Tonight Ben was picking on him and asked him, "So how old are you now anyway, six?" Rory responded, "No. Take two away from six and that's how old I am!"

No comments: