
Elliot was born Monday, June 23
at 6:03 pm. Labor started at just before 4 am. I let everyone sleep until around 8, and then I woke Ben up to tell him it was time to start getting ready to go. My contractions were about 8 minutes apart then. We left for the hospital around 9 am. When we got there, we found out I was 4.5 cm dilated and about 50% effaced, but my contractions were still really irregular. So I had to walk around the hospital for half an hour to see if I was actually making any progress before they would admit me. Luckily, I did, up to 5 cm and 80% in that half hour! I was admitted, and then we just waited. And waited. And walked a little. And waited some more. My doctor checked around 1 pm and I was up to 7 cm by then, but things were still moving slowly. She wanted to break my water, but he had his hand up on top of his head, so we had to wait for him to move it. Fortunately that didn't take too long, and she broke my water around 2. My contractions got a little stronger, but I was still making pretty slow progress, so we started pitocin around 4. That's when things started to pick up. I got an epidural shortly after that. By 5:30, I was feeling a lot of pressure and knew it would be soon. I started pushing about ten to 6, and he was born surprisingly quickly. He weighed a whopping 9 lbs 11 oz! and is 21.5 inches long. He has light brown hair and an adorable round face.

9 comments:
He is adorable Amnesty! LOL I've been stalking your blog waiting for pics! Congrats again, I hope you guys settle into a nice routine soon, Get some rest!
AH, YAY!! Exactly what I was hoping to find here. Amnesty, he is absolutely perfect!!!
Welcome Elliot! He's adorable.
Congrats Amnesty! He is a beautiful healthy big boy!
Amnesty what a beautiful baby boy!! Congratulations!!
Oh my goodness is he gorgeous.. brown hair and all!!
He is soooooo cute! Congrats to you all! :-)
What a cutie! And such a big boy too! He wasn't much bigger than Natalie though, she was 9 lbs, 7 oz! lol
Glad to hear it all went well, been waiting for your updates since I'm no longer in the Extended Nursing group. Congrats!
WHAT a cutie! He is SO cute and I LOVE the name you chose! :D
I'm SOOOO sorry I have been such a lousy friend! I was checking your blog periodically and I KNOW the last post I saw was the one before this, but my computer was out for a month! I feel like SUCH a horrible friend! Anyway I'd love to hear from you, email me anytime!
Again, what a little(well big!) sweet heart you have!
Post a Comment