Sunday, November 9, 2008

Equal Rights Rally

Today, I took the boys with me to protest California banning same sex marriages. We had a rally on the lawn of the Capitol building. There was a great turn out!






Rory and his friend had a great time carrying signs and cheering. Rory really enjoyed yelling, "It's not fair!" and shouting out answers to "What do we want?" (Equality!), "When do we want it?" (NOW!). He has a great voice for protests, lol. He was so enthusiastic that another protester gave him a rainbow flag to wave :)
It was actually Elliot's second rally, but the first one he was awake for. He enjoyed all the yelling and let out lots of happy squeals any time he thought it was getting to quiet!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go for attending the rally. I was so embarrassed for California when I heard that the proposition had passed. It made me glad I don't live there anymore - although if we hadn't moved, I know there would have been at least two more votes against it! I hope it gets overturned, and soon.

Momma Bee said...

Dad says we can't move out there until this is overturned, so way to go, Amnesty and the boys!

Tara said...

I agree WTG!

Anonymous said...

I think its really fantastic that you are teaching your kids to be good global citizens at an early age! Good job!

Erykah said...

Good for you supporting the cause and getting both boys involved! We haven't had any rallies here but I think NY was protesting.