Friday, October 12, 2007

Some New Things

I haven't been good at posting lately...I have some new videos to post but they need to be edited, so I was procrastinating until I got them ready, but I'll have to do it later :P

Daisy has decided that phrases are better than single words. She said her first full sentence about a week ago. "I want some water." Several people heard her. She wanted to drink out of my water bottle and apparently I wasn't responding fast enough to her requests for "water water water water!" Yesterday she said "Can I please have it?" to her babysitter (which I missed, but we tell Rory to say that all the time, so I'm not really surprised, lol) and then last night she was petting the dog and asked me, "Do you see it?"
She's been saying more and more words too. I've lost track actually. She still is inconsistent with most of them, but we hear new things all the time. She loves to repeat us too. She knows where her nose and her teeth are, and that ducks say "quack!" And the other night, she sort of sang the ABC song. She just said "E-E-E" over and over, but she had the tune right! Rory's first song was "Baa-Baa Black Sheep," which is the same tune, but I'm pretty sure she was doing ABCs. He would just sing "baa baa baa baa" over and over, lol.

Speaking of Rory...he still loves school. In fact, I asked him if he wanted to stay home with me and Daisy today and he said "NO!" Apparently home is boring, and school is fun. Who'd have thought? He's actually getting really good at cutting and drawing, which were big struggles to get him to try, and even finger painted with more than one finger last week! Coloring is still a weak point, but he's starting to enjoy writing. He discovered dot-to-dots and is having fun with those. He loves mazes too, but usually will only do them with his finger, not a crayon.
He's been going through a "how?" phase. I blame it on "How It's Made" on the Discovery Channel. He wants to know how everything is made and how it works...I can't answer a lot of his questions, but it leads to some interesting discussions.
He's learned to add with zero, and he thinks it's very cool. He likes to ask big numbers, like, "What's a million plus zero? It's a million!" and then laugh like crazy :)

4 comments:

Tara said...

Go Daisy! Sentences, that's awesome. Although that means two of them to talk you to death, lol.
We are going through the "how" phase too. My husband is obsessed with How it's Made (Science channel here) but Saige loves it too, and How They Do It (or something similar), drives me nuts, lol. How lucky you are to have a kid who likes school!

Laura McIntyre said...

Go Daisy, thats just amazing - my 28 month old does't talk like that .

Anonymous said...

Wow, way to go, Daisy! She's talking better than many 2-year-olds. Very impressive. We're looking forward to the new videos!

Saina said...

Wow, full sentences! Braiden is still stuck at 3 words and lots of imitation, lol! Between Rory and Daisy, you will never have a quiet house! :)