Monday, January 21, 2008

Rory is Sick

Poor kid. Can you tell he doesn't feel well? He's been running a fever of 103 since yesterday. We've been keeping it down to 100/101 with Tylenol and Motrin, but the second it wears off, it's back up to 103 :( He has either been laying on the couch or in my bed pretty much non-stop for two days. I've mostly had to carry him up and down the stairs too. And he had ice cream for dinner last night.
On the plus side, at least he got sick over a long weekend. He's not missing school and I'm only missing two hours of work, and since I don't work on Tuesdays, we still have another day for recovery and hopefully he'll be all better by the time we're supposed to get back into our regular schedule on Wednesday. Assuming, of course, that no one else gets sick. Fingers crossed!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Rory, hope he feels better soon. Have you tried the fever reducing patches "Be Kool for kids"? It is available in Walgreens or Longs Drugs. It workes wonders. When nothing worked on Rimaan, this patch bought his fever down like magic. Even Rimaan's doctor was impressed. Lots of get well wishes to Rory.

Saina said...

Hope he feels better soon! Definitely doesn't look like the usual Rory we see on your blog!

Beth said...

I second the nomination of "Be Kool" as a real aid in fever reduction. We are so used to wonder drugs that we often discount the effectiveness of mechanical cooling.
I hope Rory is feeling very much better very soon.

Tara said...

Aww, I hope he feels better today, and I hope the rest of you escape it :)

Lauren said...

Poor guy! I'm glad he's starting to feel better.