Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Amazing VELCRO Girl!

Daisy has become a stick-tight. Every step I take, I have a little red headed shadow. Every time I sit, she climbs in my lap, even if it's already occupied. ESPECIALLY if it's already occupied.
I have had to sing "Rock-a-bye Baby" and "Twinkle, Twinkle" (aka, "rock a baby" and "tinkle star") about 700,000,000,000 times in the last 3 or 4 days. She just wants constant snuggles, and 80% of them have to come from me. She will agree to sit with Daddy, or Grammy Mary, who is visiting this week, but sooner or later (usually sooner) she ends up back on my legs, arms, back, or lap.

Yesterday, I was holding Elliot and she wanted to come up. But every time I went to lift her up to join us on the couch, she scowled and said, "no!" Finally, she announced, "Baby down! Daisy up!" She wasn't in a sharing mood apparently, lol.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our friends just had their second child, and their son (he's a few months older than the October06 kids) has been going through something similar to Daisy. He's also been regressing a bit - putting a paci in his mouth when he hasn't used one for months, wanting to lie in the baby's bed, etc. I know it's all to be expected, but it must be hard. I'm nervous about that part. The pictures of all three of you on the couch are super-cute, though :)

Amnesty said...

I really don't mind most of the time though. She even comes in the shower with me which is a great time saver! But it would be nice if she didn't scream at me when I can't pick her up!

Erykah said...

Awww.... I'm really nervous about my two.. they share just fine with each other 90% of the time but NOT with other kids.