Today was Rory's very first day of kindergarten. He was very excited. He's all set to be one of the "cool kids" in his Transformers shirt and Lightning McQueen backpack and lunch box, lol.

I was wondering how he'd react at getting dropped off, since he has been staying home with either Ben or me since March, but he saw kids and cars and dove right in! He barely looked up when I said good bye.

However, when I picked him up, he was ready to go, which was also a nice change from preschool where he would cry that he didn't want to leave!
He even told me about things they did at school, instead of just saying, "Nothing, it was boring." He still maintains he didn't actually learn anything, lol, but he told me all about circle time with his new friends and the things they did to learn more about each other, and what he shared (he loves Cars, Transformers, and his teacher!), and about playing outside and doing some reading. He didn't say what kind of reading, but I'm assuming the teacher read to them.He was excited about his first homework assignment too, which was collecting things to bring in to share that will help the class learn more about him. He picked a car, a great white shark, a dinosaur, a picture of him, Daisy, and Elliot, an origami crane, and an origami flower for his teacher.


5 comments:
I'm glad he enjoyed it! Tomorrow is the big day for us, she is excited, I am scared to death, lol.
:) Do you EVER get used to how stinkin' adorable that hair is? Ever?
LOL Tenille! No, not really :) Funny story though, the other day we went out and while we were out we bought Rory and Daisy both hats. It was amazing how much faster we were able to move through a crowd with their heads covered! It was kind of nice not being stopped every 5 feet, lol.
Great to hear he had a good first day!! Love all the new pictures!
I'm glad Rory had a great first day. I know he's not a tall kid, but he looks so big and grown up in the pictures.
Post a Comment