Last night, Elliot slept through the night for the first time. From about 10:30 until just before my alarm went off at 5:30. It was kind of nice...but I'm hoping he doesn't make a habit of it. I like my midnight baby snuggle time! I need it after being at work all day. Still, I managed to get 6 straight hours of sleep, and that almost NEVER happens, so I'm glad that I was at least able to sleep about the same time he did.
He's also been very active this week, which may account for the extra long sleep. He's been kicking more, trying to roll, and grabbing at anything he can reach! He's even trying to play with a few soft toys. He's also suddenly interested in the pacifier, which I had all but given up on. We tried about 6 different kinds and he rejected them all, but a few days ago latched on to one of them and has been using it on and off ever since. Daisy is thrilled, and relieved. She was so confused that he didn't want them before!
Daisy is doing great. When I drop her with her sitter in the morning, she just tells me, "I need a kiss!" and then says good bye with no problems! This a huge improvement from her crying and trying to follow me out the door last week! It also makes me a little more optimistic about her starting at the school I work at next month.
She's been talking more and more. Yesterday she asked me, "Mommy, sing the Grammy Mary song?" I had no idea what the Grammy Mary song was. The only thing I could think of, after she asked me several times, was Mary Had A Little Lamb, so I tried that. Bingo! She sings, "Grammy Mary had a little lamb!" LOL! She's been singing more lyrics of more songs, including most of the ABCs! The only letter she knows on sight is A, but she really wants to know the rest of them. She points out "ABCDs!" on signs, trucks, license plates, etc, etc, etc....
Today she dropped her taggie blankie on the floor in the back of the car. I couldn't reach it, but she kept asking and telling me, "I dwop taggie! I want taggie, please! Taggie on da fwoor!" over and over. Finally, she said, "I sad! I want taggie!" I said, "Oh, no! You're sad? Poor baby, I know you're sad and you want taggie." Who would have guessed, but she thought that was hysterical! She was just excited that she was able to share how she felt about dropping her blanket. She laughed, and then did her sad voice again and said, "I sad!" Every time I responded with, "I know you're sad!" she giggled again! I was so proud of her for figuring out how to tell me why she kept asking for her blankie! I could see she was proud of herself too :)
7 years ago

2 comments:
I'm so proud of her, too! What a sweet lamb she is. I hope Elliot doesn't deprive you of any more baby-cuddle time. LOVE
Aww Daisy is too cute! I love how vocal she is becoming.
Post a Comment