Thursday, January 15, 2009

Clever Girl

I thought I should mention why I haven't had many big kid pictures lately. Daisy is potty training! She's really pretty much potty trained, she takes herself in the bathroom and is almost completely independent...but she can't put her pants back ON, and sometimes she can't get them off fast enough. So 75% of the time, she is running around with no bottoms on. So until she gets a little better at taking her pants off quickly, we probably won't have a whole lot of photos.

Not only has she pretty much potty trained herself, Daisy has been talking up a storm, even for her! She's always chatty, but she's been coming up with some really funny sentences lately. She calls Elliot her "big friend" and tries to carry him (he weighs as much as her, so there is no danger of her ever being successful).

This was a conversation we had tonight:
Daisy: Mommy! Look! A choo-choo woo woo! (I love that she calls trains this, lol)
Me: Where? In your book?
Daisy: No, silly, it's Buzz Lightyear in my book! The choo choo woo woo is outside! I HEAR it!

She woke me up the other day by yelling from her room (she's on a loft bed and can't get down): "Mommy! Come get my down! I NAKED!" Sure enough, she'd removed all of her pajamas and her diaper. When I went in to get her she said, "Now, I will go pee on the potty." Very seriously. And she did :)

6 comments:

Momma Bee said...

So nice to hear Daisy stories. What a sweetie!

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Daisy! I'd love it if she could come here and teach Anya a thing or two about independence, especially when it comes to undressing.

Amnesty said...

No, you don't really, lol. Sure, it seems like a good thing...until they strip all of their clothes off anywhere and everywhere!

Anonymous said...

Yes, but waking up before 6 am to the dulcet tones of "Potty? Potty! I HAVE TO GO POTTY!" is not my idea of a good time, LOL. It'd also be nice if she could get her shoes off by herself when we're coming in from a snowy day and I'm lugging our bags plus the baby into the phone booth's amount of available space in our laundry room. I hear you on the public stripper act, though.

Tara said...

WTG Daisy!

Erykah said...

How awesome! Daisy is so fabulous!