Monday, January 19, 2009

More Daisy Funnies

She's just at a funny age I guess. She has me in hysterics several times a day.
The first one, I wasn't home for. I came home at lunch time and smelled Elliot's hair when I picked him up. It smelled clean, but not quite right, somehow. Ben told me that Daisy decided to "wash" Elliot's hair while he was in his Jumperoo...by getting a handful of hand soap from the bathroom and rubbing it all over his head. She gave herself the same treatment. Ben had to hose them off in the sink. Oh well, at least it's clean, lol.
She's still learning about gender and family relationships. She asks me a dozen times a day, "I a girl? I a BIG sister? Elliot a boy? Elliot a brother (only she says "bruzzer")?" She knows that Mommy is a girl and Daddy and Rory are boys too, but she is confused on Rory being her brother too. If I say, "Rory is your big brother," she says, "Noooooo, Elliot is my big baby bruzzer!" She can't decide what to call Rory. It drives him nuts, of course. He can never just let things go. I'm trying to teach him to ask himself, "does this matter? Should I bother arguing?" but to him, it always matters.
Her favorite thing to do right now (besides her death defying furniture climbing) is build houses. She makes them out of blocks, legos, books, whatever she finds lying around. I'm constantly tripping over Daisy houses. Maybe she'll be an architect, lol. Sometimes these houses are actually peopled with dolls or animals, but mostly they have imaginary occupants. She also likes driving cars to her houses, but only with dolls in them, because of course, "animals don't DRIVE cars!"
She thinks she knows how to read. Anything that she wants that has words on it, she will point to the words and say, "See? It's D for Daisy! That's MINE!" Maybe one time out of ten is it actually a D, lol.
She picks up so much stuff from me. It cracks me up to hear things I say coming out of her mouth. She calls everyone "silly goose." :)
She is still up now, two hours after I sent her to bed, loudly declaring "It is NOT bed time! I still AWAKE!" The first person she asks for when I let her out of her room is always Elliot. She's disappointed to see that HE is asleep, but so far at least, she is leaving him alone. So she is playing with some foam puzzle squares and saying, "Look, I'm making a cube. A little cubie cube. No, I don't like a cube. I making a little box. It's a cube box. A cubie cubie box. Now you make me a present! A little cubie box present for Daisy!" Guess I better go do it!

2 comments:

Poconut said...

She's so dang adorable!

Anonymous said...

What a cutie she is! I can see why she has you laughing.