Saturday, January 24, 2009

Elliot Update

As of yesterday, our big little baby is 7 months old!
He is doing really well sitting up all by himself, and he can sit for a long time...until something he wants attracts his attention and he lunges for it :)I even went to get him from his nap one day and found him sitting up in bed! I don't think he knows how to do it again though, because we haven't had a repeat performance.

He's also started signing "milk" in the last few days. I'm surprised, really, because we haven't been nearly as consistent with signing with him as we were with the older kids, but he is doing it frequently, and he definitely knows what it means! He says "mama" and "dada," both with intent and just babbling. I *think* he was trying to say Daisy a few minutes ago too. I was showing him the pictures on the computer and when we got to her, he got all excited, banged on the keyboard, and yelled, "Daaaay-da!" She is his favorite person, so I won't be surprised if Daisy is among his first words (doesn't count unless he does it again though, lol).
He loves to make kissy noises now. It's adorable, and a nice change from blowing raspberries at us (although he still does plenty of that too!). He's successfully eating bananas, squash, apples, black olives, and peas! He loves to eat, and he is thrilled that we've been litting him have some finger foods. He is a little irritated that he doesn't get pizza or ravioli yet, but as long as he gets something when everyone else is eating, he's usually pretty happy :)
Oh, and the cutest thing he does is when he's tired, I can always tell, because he starts flicking his ear with his hand. It's very sweet.

8 comments:

Poconut said...

I started signing a little with Morgan and she looks at me like I'm from Mars, ha, ha, ha! What book do you recommend the best?

Momma Bee said...

What a jolly green giant!

Amnesty said...

I've never really used a book, but I do like "Sign with Your Baby." I forget the author's name. Something Garcia. Joseph maybe. It's fun though. You'll love it when she starts signing back!

Anonymous said...

i can't wait to party with him every day!
(as long as its AFTER 9 am... hahhaa)

Tara said...

7 months already? I can't say it enough, he is just beyond cute. Is the light playing tricks or is his hair looking a little reddish?

Amnesty said...

I think it's got a little red tint. I'm guessing he's going to be a strawberry blond.
Oh, and he is still saying Daisy today :)

Erykah said...

That is great he's signing. I bet Daisy is teaching him all the "good" signs when you are not looking! Elliot seems like he's ready to move!

Anonymous said...

Elliot is so handsome, Amnesty, wow. Those eyes are incredible! I'm glad he's doing so well, and I guess you were right - you've got another early talker! I love when babies sign, it's so amazing. My favorite resource is http://www.mybabycantalk.com - that site has a great video dictionary.