Friday, April 20, 2007

Six Months Old!

Daisy is half a year old today! Such a big girl!
Still don't know her weight and height, but she's wearing a size 3-6 months. And she is doing so many new things! She's eating sweet potatoes (which she is starting to like a little better), apples (loves them!), and had her first taste of rice cereal today. She definitely didn't like that, but I tasted it and I can't blame her! YUCK!
But the BIG NEWS! is that she just did her first sign tonight!!!! She's been trying to sign "milk" for a couple of days...she puts her thumb on me and twists her hand back and forth. But tonight she did that, then sort of paused and looked at her hand and actually did the sign! WoooHoooo! I am so excited! Of course, can't get her to do it for the camera yet :(
Some other cute stuff: She loves to look in the mirror, she just squeals with happiness when she sees her own face! She gives "kisses." Sort of. Big slimy, open mouth kisses with lots of drool. But soooo sweet! She snuggles in for hugs too. She can get up on her hand and knees and rock back and forth or lunge forward a little. Oh, and she slept through the night last night, but Rory didn't, so I checked on her when I put him back in his bed and she was sleeping with her blankie wadded up underneath her, on her tummy, butt in the air, which is EXACTLY how Rory always sleeps (when he's in his bed).
This is how he sleeps on our recliner:

1 comment:

Saina said...

Happy 1/2 birthday, Daisy! I love that picture of you two. That's great that she is signing!