Sunday, July 13, 2008

Some Funny Stories

My mom made squash for dinner the other night. Rory tried saying he doesn't like it because he's a kid and only grown ups like squash. So I told him that he LOVED it when he was little. He thought about it for a while and then said, "I'm too big AND too little. I'm in the middle of squash."
Then he tried it and decided he does like it after all. Goofy kid.

Last week, Rory was mad at Ben for not giving him his way. So he told him, "You are NOT my president, Daddy!"
The next day he told me that I am the president of the whole world.

Daisy is currently obsessed with two things. Well, one sort of lead to the other. She loves things that open and close. Everything she comes across is checked to see if it will open. If she can't find a toy that does, she tries to play with the lid of the garbage can. If she's denied access to that, she'll resort to just opening and closing her hands. All day long we hear, "Opie, close! Opie, close!"
This has lead to her new interest: BUCKLES. She loves to ride in the car and help fasten her car seat buckle. (Buckle opie! Buckle close!) Same thing with the stroller, her booster seat, restaurant high chairs, the baby's bouncy seat...it's surprising how many buckles there are in the world. It's cute, but the problem is that she can't open any of these buckles on her own. Nor do I want to teach her how, especially with the car seat and stroller. So not only does she yell, "buckle opie!" she usually adds, "Daisy STUCK! Out! Down!" etc. And of course, the second you open the buckle for her, she immediately snaps them back together and repeats the whole process.

5 comments:

Beth said...

In between squash? That's great! And president of the world, wtg Amnesty! Daisy's buckle thing is too cute! When we take Val to the store & buckle him in he yanks on it & says "Mommy! I (s)tuck!" LOL "I tell him I know I stuck you there!"

Erykah said...

I was going to warn you about teaching her to open buckles lol We are in the middle of the on/off & open/close phase too... makes for an interesting time to get out of the house...

Too cute about Rory and being in the "middle of squash."

Saina said...

Too funny! I love the squash comment!

We are opening and closing too... What fun!

Lauren said...

I've always wanted to be president of the world. Lucky you :)

Casey said...

When Matthias was little and he wanted you to let him go he'd always say "I tuck! I Tuck!"
so cute, I love that.