Luckily, I found a local mom who was selling her second hand diapers at a reasonable price, and even better, my mom bought them ;) But, unless I want to do laundry twice a day, I will need more, so I decided to try making one and see if I could save some money that way.
It was way easier than I thought it would be, and I think it came out pretty well! Plus he's been wearing it for over an hour and no leaks! :)


10 comments:
Amnesty, I'm a ditz for not mentioning diaperswapper.com and etsy. Huge discounts on used and new CD's. But awesome work!!
LOL, don't worry, I found both of those, but this was still cheaper ;)
I need to remember this isn't my computer, lol.
So what did you use? Is that a diaper and wrap all in one?
It's a pocket diaper, so you insert a soaker pad into a cover. Faster than a wrap+cover, but easier to wash/dry than an all-in-one.
I've been doing way too much diaper research, lmao.
I love cloth diapers, I have never really had a leaking problem and my kids did not/ do not get rashes.I do use disposable at night only because all night ones get really stink and I can't handle it.
Oh and you can make your own Amnesty! I have no doubt that if I can, you can.
Hurry!!! You rock Am! It looks great! :0) Maybe you should make some and sell them on Etsy for extra cash. ;0)
BTW, OMG he looks HUGE!! You haven't been gone that long! What a freakin' cutie. MISS YOU ELLIOT! Mmmmwwwaaahh!!!
Samantha used Motherease One Size diapers with liners & covers, they were super simple. I sold, what I thought was, all of them but found two that hadn't gone with the group. Are you interested in them? I was going to freecycle them locally, she hasn't been in diapers for a looong time. We also used white washcloths with water for wipes, they just go through the laundry with the diapers... :) (now we have a ton of washcloths :) ) - let me know either way on the 2006 mom board, I don't know if I can find my way back here...I'm using my phone :) - Jenn with Alyssa, Sydney, Keegan & Samantha
You are so crafty, Amnesty! I hope going cloth has been working out for Elliot.
Post a Comment